Trying to get pregnant for years? Do you feel that your dream of becoming a parent is crushed? If the answer is yes to both the questions, then don’t worry we have got the solution for you. In this era of advancement and technology, you can fulfil your dream of becoming a parent.
IVF or in-vitro fertilization technology is a godsend to humans as it benefits in fighting infertility for couples who have been trying to conceive for years. When you plan to go for IVF treatment, you must know everything about the process involved. It can be intimidating for you so here is what you must know before visiting the doctor.
IVF or In-Vitro fertilization also known as assisted reproduction technology (ART) is the process in which your eggs are extracted and a sperm sample is retrieved to initiate the fertilization procedure. The IVF treatment is the finest and reliable solution that can help couples overcome their infertility issues. The technology is identified as the outstanding solution to treat the different infertility problems such as ovulation, blocked Fallopian tubes, and so on. If you have been suffering from any of these issues hampering your parenthood, visiting the best IVF treatment clinic can ensure taking away all your apprehensions.
How does IVF work?
Before you make the visit, it will help if you have slight knowledge about the way IVF works. So, the process starts with the use of a combination of medicines and clinical procedures so that the sperm begins the egg fertilization. Once it is done, the egg is implanted in the uterus. You will be given medications so that your eggs are mature and prepared for fertilization. Your eggs then are taken out to be mixed with sperms in the lab for fertilization. After the eggs are fertilized, then they are inserted directly into the uterus. Couples can expect the pregnancy if any of the eggs are implanted in the uterus lining.
Different steps are there and it will take time for completing the process so you must be prepared beforehand. There is a probability that it may work in the first go, but in most cases, people require more than one round for getting pregnant. The IVF treatment surely enhances pregnancy chances when you and your partner have infertility issues but there is no assurance that it will work as every individual’s body is different.
When do you need the IVF process?
IVF treatment mostly is for women who are over 40 years and are trying to get pregnant. But these days it has become very common because of the sedentary lifestyle or genetic issues. So, you must be aware of when to see a doctor. Let’s see the situations when IVF is done:
- If the Fallopian tube is damaged or blocked, egg fertilization becomes difficult. So, in such cases, IVF treatment is the best possible way out.
- Ovulation disorders also cause fertilization problems so IVF treatment is recommended.
- Endometriosis happens when there is tissue implantation outside of the uterus impacting other parts functioning. This can also lead to shattering your dream of becoming parents but IVF here again comes to the rescue.
- Women of 30 or 40 years’ age usually these days’ experience uterine fibroid causing infertility so IVF is suggested.
- Poor mobility or morphology is another condition that makes it difficult for sperm to fertilize eggs and IVF treatment remains the only solution to becoming a parent
- The genetic disorder is another condition in which IVF treatment is recommended as there is a high chance of passing on the disorder to the child.
- If a female has cancer and is planning for cancer treatment, then in conditions like this, IVF is the solution for fertility preservation. The eggs are taken out for harvesting then freezing for further use.
Tests before the IVF treatment
Below are the tests that you have to undergo before IVF treatment:
- Ovarian reserve testing is a hormone blood test that assists doctors to understand the number of eggs present in your body. The tests include FSH- Follicle Stimulating Hormonal, Estradiol, and AMH- Anti-Mullerian Hormone tests.
- HSG or Hysterosalpingography helps in the evaluation of Fallopian tube patency by inserting the contrast agent.
- Sperm analysis is initiated to evaluate the number of sperms available in the male body. Other parameters include motility and shape. It helps the doctor in deciding whether there is a need for ICSI- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or not, or if IUI is required.
- A thyroid hormonal test is also required to detect the normal body metabolism. If the levels are abnormal, then you’ll be given the medications.
- Infection screening is to identify different diseases such as Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, HIV, and Syphilis. These diseases can lead to causing serious problems so they need to be detected beforehand.
What is the IVF process step by step:-
Boosting egg production through stimulation
To begin the IVF process, fertility drugs will be given to you known as stimulation. The drugs will be useful in letting your body know to form more eggs. There will be successful chances of fertilization if the production of eggs is more. Further, you have to undergo transvaginal ultrasounds and some blood tests recommended by the doctor on a frequent basis throughout the IVF journey. It will help the doctor to keep a check on the levels of hormones and ovaries.
The next process will be followed by egg removal but before that, you’ll be given a hormone injection to mature the eggs fast. You have to go through the minor surgery known as the follicular aspiration for egg removal. The doctor will involve the ultrasound wand for guiding a needle through your vagina. There is a device attached with the needle that performs the action of suctioning the single egg at a time. Sounds painful? Sure, it will but don’t worry. The complete process will be performed with anaesthesia.
Sperm collection from the partner or donor
After the eggs are retrieved to continue with the process, your partner or donor’s sperm will be collected. High-speed wash is performed to discover the healthiest sperm.
In this IVF process of egg fertilization, the fertilization will be encouraged through extracted sperm and eggs. This is called insemination. You may even require ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection to inject the sperm into the embryo directly for fertilization. Following the process, eggs are preserved cautiously till the time they turn into embryos.
After the collection of eggs, you’ll be given another medicine. It is for preparing the uterus lining so that embryos can be received to be inserted back. After the fertilization is over i.e. around three to five days, the doctor will insert the embryos into the uterus with a catheter. You should also be aware that there will be the insertion of multiple embryos into the uterus in the belief that there will be implantation of the single embryo itself in the lining.
At times, there is the implantation of more than one embryo in the lining and in such cases, twins or triplets are expected. The IVF process has the tendency of imitating natural reproduction.
The last step of the IVF process is the pregnancy test which will be performed through the blood test after the two weeks of embryo transfer. You’ll also have to undergo the ultrasound test if the tests are positive and in case it’s negative then you need to consult the doctor again. They will recommend other options you can try as IVF treatment.
Side effects of IVF process
The IVF process also has risks and probable side effects that you usually experience in any medicine or medical process. These side effects may include infection, bleeding, headaches, mood swings, bloating, cramping, and allergic reaction. You can always get in touch with your doctors if you have any doubts or apprehensions.
IVF treatment can be very traumatic for anyone (partner, and family). There are even people who have to experience depression and stress during the process. So, it is always better to talk with people who have experienced infertility issues or have undergone the IVF process. It will help you overcome all your fears. You can also consider reaching therapists and counsellors as they are the best source when you are experiencing discomfort.
How much does it cost for IVF treatment?
IVF treatment is not only time-consuming but also expensive. You’ll experience repetitive cycles and countless emotions will come your way both physically and mentally. IVF costs keep fluctuating because of their cycles. The treatment is expensive as there are medicinal costs, tests and surgery costs. So, if IVF is the only solution for you to experience parenthood you must first pay a visit to the IVF infertility clinic and talk to your doctor. They can guide you better with every penny you’ll be spending on the treatment. So, before making the decision on IVF treatment, you need to ensure its affordability.
Getting help for infertility
The very first thing you need to deal with the infertility issue is speaking with a doctor. Once you are certain that IVF is required, then you must visit the best IVF fertility clinic near you. The doctors will help you with everything related to the IVF process. If you don’t know how you can pick the IVF centre, then here is the answer for you.
Choosing the IVF centre
Before you visit the IVF centre, here are some tips you should consider:
- Firstly, make sure that you have researched the clinic and its services. Get in touch with people who have already experienced their services. Check their official website and the treatment facilities, the technology they use, labs, and other resources they have. After you are satisfied with everything, then only must move on with the processes.
- Past record is another tip that you must keep in mind while picking the IVF fertility clinic. Try finding out their success rate as it will help you to gain confidence in their services.
- Since IVF is an expensive treatment and not everyone can afford it, most people drop their idea. If you think that the treatment is out of your budget, then you can check out other cities as it keeps fluctuating depending on the location.
- Health insurance is another important factor to keep in mind as it can help with cutting the cost of IVF treatment. Ensure that your insurance can deal with this kind of treatment or is dealing with the fertility diagnostic processes.
Crysta IVF is one of the best fertility centres you can find in the country. We are not only evolving at a rapid rate but also have become the trusted chain. You will obtain a huge range of IVF treatments and services with us. We have integrated a team of doctors holding years of experience in the field who not only assists you throughout the process but also help you with handling countless emotions throughout the journey. You will also get transparent and standard pricing with us. To ensure the success rates, we have incorporated advanced medical technology.
The main motto of our services is to complete your family because when your family will grow, we will also grow. So, you can get in touch with us here anytime and we will fulfil your dreams.