Early Menopause Can Be Scary For The Ones Planning Their Pregnancy!
At times, without really knowing a person’s medical history, you start believing that if they suffered Early Menopause after the IVF treatment, that applies to all. Well, that’s not true for all. Every woman has a unique IVF journey, and there should be no takeaway for others.
While reading online or socializing, you often encounter misleading information based on a one-time experience.
If you suffer from infertility issues and plan for treatment, the best way is to consult the doctor and avail of the right treatment plan for your condition. Also, if you have any queries, you can ask the fertility specialists before believing the myths.
Presently, if you are concerned about whether IVF Treatment can lead to premature or early menopause, a good read of the blog can give you all the answers.
What’s The Reason Behind The Myth; IVF Treatment Leads to Early Menopause?
Before we get onto the reasoning if IVF can lead to early menopause or not, we first need to understand,
What is Early or Premature Menopause?
Premature menopause refers to a lack of ovarian reserve due to which the menstrual cycle stops in women before reaching their 40s.
If women face Menopause Symptoms Age 40, it is usual. However, if someone gets to bear the signs and symptoms before that, that can be a concern. It is because premature menopause limits the concentration of reproductive hormones estrogen and progesterone, which either reduces female fertility or may cause female infertility.
What Supports Misconceptions That IVF Causes Early Menopause?
During the IVF procedure, eggs are retrieved for embryo formation. So, people readily believe the myth that IVF reduces ovarian reserve and leads to early menopause. However, that’s nowhere close to reality.
In reality, during the IVF Procedure, the hormonal activators or injections are used to mature the eggs speedily for a few menstrual cycles, but that does not reduce the number of menstrual cycles. So, there is no question of Early Menopause due to the IVF procedure.
Let’s Understand The Process Clinically.
In a normal menstrual cycle, the reproductive system in women produces around 10 to 20 egg follicles, out of which one egg matures, and the rest of them are wasted.
During the IVF Treatment, fertility drugs stimulate all the eggs to mature not one but 10 to 15 eggs simultaneously. The number of eggs that leave the body remains identical, so in no way it can lead to Early Menopause.
The Root Cause of Confusion is Symptoms Similar to Early Menopause
During the IVF Treatment, the hormonal optimization can lead to symptoms that are alike perimenopause and menopause. It is the reason why many people consider it premenopause.
Signs and Symptoms That Resemble Early Menopause During IVF Treatment
There exist multiple overlapping symptoms between Early Menopause and hormonal stimulation during IVF Treatment. Some of the common ones include:
- Mood Swings: Mood Swings can be during periods as a result of pregnancy or hormonal stimulation that does not only indicate menopause.
- Bloating: Bloating is yet another common symptom of hormonal imbalance, and it can be regardless of the periodic issue, ovulation, IVF injections, early signs of conceiving, or any other medical problem. Considering it as the only cause of premenopause is not justified.
- Brain Fog: Brain fog is a condition primarily due to lack of sleep, overworking, anxiety, and mental exhaustion. So, if during IVF Treatment you suffer any of such conditions, that is because of the existing routine imbalance.
- Hot Flashes: Hot flashes are the condition that causes immediate warmth in the upper body, including the face, chest, and neck. It may lead to redness over the skin and show other severe consequences. It is also a common symptom if a women face Early Menopause. However, if you feel it during the IVF Treatment, it is because of medicines and not an indication of menopause.
- Missed Periods or Spotting: If you have a regular menstrual cycle and suddenly skip your period after the embryo transfer. You should opt for a pregnancy test rather than confuse it with early menopause.
- Weight Gain: During IVF treatment, 5 to 10 pounds of increased weight is normal. It is primarily because of water retention during the IVF treatment. In no way it is the Cause of Early Menopause.
- Headache: Headache is one of some women’s common symptoms after IVF injections.
All the above-stated symptoms of IVF are similar to the signs of Early Menopause or Menopause, but no studies or research prove that IVF leads to Early Menopause.
IVF Procedure Helps Conceive After Menopause and Doesn’t Lead to Early Menopause
IVF Procedure helps women conceive, be it before menopause or after menopause. In no way it can cause menopause or reduce female infertility.
The above blogs details all the information busting the myths about whether or not IVF can lead to Early Menopause. In case you face any of the symptoms of menopause after the IVF Procedure, consider talking to the gynecologist. They will help you discover the root cause of the issue and, if required, will prescribe some diagnostic procedures to understand the cause of Early Menopause.
Also, it is possible that you might face irregular periods post-pregnancy (which is possible for both IVF or Normal Pregnancy), so do not reach any conclusion without consultation.
At Crysta IVF – The Best IVF Centre Delhi, you can expect personalized solutions for all the issues related to your reproductive health. The doctors here listen to your issues carefully and then use an empathetic approach to assist you.
Stay Tuned; We Will Soon Be Up With More Answers to Clear the Confusion You Have Regarding Infertility and Infertility Treatment.