Infertility is a condition referred to as how long a couple has been trying to achieve pregnancy and have failed. It disturbs both males and females severely.
As per the Office on Women’s Health study, it is researched that about a third of problems with infertility come from women, and another third begins with males. While there are probable early warning symptoms of infertility, including the risk factors, couples don’t even observe any infertility signs. If you and your partner have been trying to get pregnant for more than a year, your doctor will diagnose you with an infertility problem.
So, it becomes very important to get in touch with renowned fertility specialists when searching for IVF services.
Infertility doesn’t necessarily mean that you are sterile and can never have kids. Half of the couples eventually have their baby, either naturally or with medical assistance such as IVF, IUI, and many other options available these days. Conversing about the symptoms of infertility, then the primary one is not able to conceive. There are other symptoms as well that you may haven’t noticed. Thus, in this write-up, we will talk about the symptoms in both men and women.
What are the Signs of Infertility in Women?
There are common signs of infertility in women, and they are:
- Irregular period is one major sign of infertility in women. The usual period is 28 days, but it can signify infertility when it differs every month. However, this is a sign of PCOS health, but both lead to infertility problems. So, if your periods are irregular and you aren’t sure when your next period will occur, you should go to the best IVF centre in Kolkata
- Painful and heavy periods are also another infertility symptom. Usually, there is some cramping during the periods, but if they are painful and interfere with your daily life, it can also be a sign of endometriosis. So, you would need to connect with your doctor to identify the reason.
- If you are not getting periods on time and there’s a huge gap of months, then it is not very common. However, there are times when you can miss out on your periods or the days are extended due to factors like the stress of workouts. But not having periods in months is related to infertility issues.
- Hormonal fluctuations again are the noticeable symptom of infertility. You can experience some bodily changes such as gaining weight, thinning hair, diminished sex drive, skin problems, and facial hair growth.
- Pain during sex is also identified as a symptoms of infertility. Some women keep experiencing painful sex all over their life and convince themselves that it is normal. And it is not. It is associated with hormonal issues, endometriosis, or other underlying conditions that can contribute to infertility.
What are the Signs of Infertility in Men?
Infertility symptoms in men are different, and they are discussed below:
- Changes in sexual desire are the first symptom of infertility in males. It is linked with hormonal health, and when there is any change in masculinity, then it is considered that hormones are indicating issues with fertility.
- Testicle pain and swelling are the signs to be noticed when there is an infertility issue. If you face this problem, you should consult a fertility expert to suggest the right treatment or medication.
- Issues with maintaining an erection is an evident sign which shouldn’t be ignored. It is related to the man’s efficiency of maintaining the erection and is associated with his levels of hormones. If the hormones are reduced, then it may lead to causing troubles when trying to conceive for your partner.
- Ejaculation issues again are the infertility sign which involves the man’s inefficiency of ejaculation. It is time to visit the doctor to treat this problem if you are planning for a baby.
- Small and firm testicles are the infertility symptoms you should observe as testes are known to be a house for a man’s sperm. The health of the testicles is very important for male fertility. If they are small or firm, then it is the probable reason that your partner is unable to conceive.
What are the risk factors of infertility?
Certain factors can lead to putting you at a higher infertility risk, and they are:
- Age is the one main factor as the eggs and sperm quality or quantity decrease with time. After the age of 30, follicle loss begins to increase, and as a result, the quality of the egg gets poorer. It causes problems in conception and enhances the miscarriage risks.
- If you are a regular smoker, then the chances of miscarriage are again higher, and even the ectopic pregnancy chances increase. It is recommended to quit smoking if you plan to get fertility treatment done from the renowned services of IVF in Kolkata, such as Crysta IVF.
- If one of the partners is overweight, then also infertility risk increases. However, it is mainly for women because it affects the ovulation frequency and probability of pregnancy.
- Sexually transmitted infections or STIs like gonorrhoea or chlamydia can lead to damaging the fallopian tubes. If you are into unprotected sex with a different partner, then the risk of STIs increases that causing problems and infertility later.
- Excess alcohol consumption is also identified as the main cause of infertility in both men and women.
Here are the tips that can help you with reducing the risk of infertility:
- Make sure to maintain a healthy weight if you are planning to conceive.
- Tobacco not only affects your body adversely but also can destroy your dream of becoming a parent. If you are planning for the conception, make sure to leave this poor habit now.
- Heavy alcohol use should also be reduced. You should leave this habit also as it causes fertility.
- According to studies, it is found out that stress can have bad outcomes with infertility treatment. Hence, try reducing the stress from your life before you plan for a baby.
Infertility is something that can disrupt your life in every possible way if not treated on time. It can change many things for you and your partner, especially when you don’t have any idea whether you will ever become a parent or not. But thanks to the scientific developments in the field of fertility that this problem is treatable. If you have had infertility for a long time, it is advised to contact Crysta IVF as it is among the best IVF centres in Kolkata. Your problem will be treated by the best and expert fertility specialist. They will help you understand the problem and causes and realize the emotions you are going through. With us, you don’t have to worry anymore because we will fill your life with contentment by giving you a little one in your hands.