When a film is made, the maximum limelight goes to the actors, singers, composers, directors, and producers. But have you ever seen the other side of filmmaking – the world of costume designers, choreographers, or the production team? Now, the question is, if one does not see something, does that make it less worthwhile? Does that mean the people working behind the scenes of the film are unnecessary? Can the film be completed without them?
When you search online for what an Embryologist does, you’ll see approximately 10 steps laid out for them. But do we ever meet them? Do we ever know the complexities of their work? Years after years go by but no one knows how complicated the work of an Embryologist is.
For millions of couples across the globe who are unable to conceive, an alternative method like (In Vitro Fertilisation) IVF is nothing short of a miracle. When couples have a successful pregnancy, mostly doctors and nurses get the credits. But an embryologist who worked with all the care in the world to make sure that the insemination is done properly and in a clean environment never gets a ‘thank you note’ in return.
What do Embryologists do?
Pregnancy is a multi-stage process. The embryologists are highly trained scientists who specialize in the early stages of human development. They have complete knowledge of reproductive biology, the structure of the cells, and laboratory tools and techniques. Embryologists are an integral part of the whole IVF process. From retrieving eggs and sperm to nurturing and selecting the embryos for implantation.
Role of an Embryologist
- Preparing the Egg and Sperm: Embryologists work on carefully assessing the sperm and egg quality. They use specialized methods to wash and prepare the sperm for insemination with the egg. They also use a special technology called Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICS) to inject a single sperm into the egg in case of male infertility or men suffering from oligospermia or azoospermia.
- Embryo Culture Post Fertilisation: Once the fertilization takes place, the embryologist carefully observes them under the microscope to learn about their development process. One important task that falls under the embryologist’s jurisdiction is to create an environment that mimics that of a woman’s fallopian tube. They ensure that the embryo has the right temperature, pH balance, and necessary nutrients required for embryo development.
- Choosing the Best Embryo for Implantation: Embryologists closely observe the embryo evaluating their morphology and cell division using state-of-the-art technologies like Time-Lapse Embryo Imaging and Preimplantation Genetic Testing. This helps them identify the most healthy and promising embryo that can be used for implantation to ensure higher chances of pregnancy.
- Cryopreserving the Embryo: Some couples also plan on delaying their pregnancy. There can be multiple reasons like career, financial stability, or being not prepared mentally. For situations like these, embryologists cryopreserve or freeze the embryo for future pregnancy. This offers flexibility for couples and increases their success rate per treatment cycle. Embryologists ensure the embryo’s viability and future implantation potential.
- Research & Development for Better Pregnancy Outcomes: Apart from their clinical role, embryologists also research and develop new ways or techniques for better success rate of pregnancy through IVF.
The importance of choosing an experienced Embryologist
By now you must realize the importance of the IVF Center in Delhi. The skill and experience of an embryologist are directly related to a couple’s successful chances of pregnancy. Thus, it is not a question that choosing the right IVF centre which has the best embryologists in their arsenal is crucial.
Facts & Statistics
- It is estimated that by 2027, the global market of IVF is set to reach $34.94 Billion. This means there are a lot more requirements for skillful embryologists in the future.
- The IVF treatment success rate is currently 33%, implying that we need more embryologists to increase the percentage of IVF-induced pregnancies.
- Further studies that increase the chances of successful IVF-induced pregnancies like Preimplantation Genetic Testing or PGT (known for identifying abnormalities in embryos) have shown a 70% increase in pregnancies for women who’ve had multiple implantation failures.
Which IV clinic is best for you?
There are only two ways to know if the IVF clinic you chose is the right one for you. You can either ask couples who got pregnant through IVF, or you could go online and check all IVF Clinics around you. Check their reviews, talk to people who got their IVF treatments done from those clinics, or study the website properly and learn what makes them stand out from the rest of the IVF clinics.
Crysta IVF is the leading IVF Center in Delhi. It has a team of highly qualified embryologists equipped with the most advanced technologies and techniques. Crysta IVF understands the amount of hope and prayer invested in per treatment and our embryologists take complete care and action to ensure that your dream for children comes true. Log on to https://crystaivf.com/ to book a consultation.